Monday 5 October 2015

Cover Up.


I thought I'd share a little something that I made for a gift. 




I picked up some little notebooks in the reduced basket in the local chemist last year, I wish I'd taken a photo of the original, it already had a little fold over cover in a matchbook style with a nice strong magnet fastening.



I just felt that by covering it would make it look nicer and slightly more classy that the black and white polka dots it came with.



Now, I don't know about you but I love to look round the Pound shop, a while back this hair accessory  caught my eye, the jeweled flowers are in fact rather lovely but I can't imagine that the flimsy comb that it came on would ever be strong enough to hold it in anyone's hair. 




The Kraft card looks good with the black embossed card, I can't remember what I used to highlight the embossing, it may have been a gold ink pad or some gilding cream, I did make it a couple of months ago so I've forgotten.



I'm using this notebook for the following challenges:-
WLTC, Mixed media,
Altered Eclectics, Mixed media,
RCS, Mixed Media.

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x


5 comments:

brenda said...

Super recycling - or is t upcycling - never such of the difference, but antyhow what a super gift you have created Julie.

B x

Sammy said...

Super cute, and I have also been know to raid the pound shop hair section for embellishments, lol. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Very cute.
Thanks for playing along at Altered Eclectics.
Lisa, AEDT xxx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

This is brilliant. I like that you are upcycling and creating an original piece in the process. Thank you for linking to Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

Nancy in Iowa said...

Don't know what I love more! That you saw a possibility in a cast off or just the sheer beauty of the combination of elements. This is brilliant and wonderful and lovely!